Roadways to Success is intended for the remedial study skills market. These courses are often no-credit or one-credit courses offered at community colleges, technical colleges and two-year programs of universities. Often, those enrolled in these courses are provisionally accepted to college pending the successful completion of the course.
This engagingly written, interactive text encourages remedial
students to develop their academic and personal skills. Its self-discovery
journey format gives students the tools to help raise their self-esteem,
become more effective, develop personal responsibility and lead them
to a brighter future.
Each chapter opens with real-life stories (vignettes) of
students who struggled with and overcame many of the obstacles typically
faced by new students.
Includes Self-Study assessment sections in each
chapter to help students assess where they stand in relation to chapter
Provides a multitude of write-in activities and exercises
intended to actively involve students in their own development.
Presents a unique chapter on self-esteem.
1. Fine Tuning Your Vehicle: Recognizing Your Potential and Building Self-Esteem.
2. Mapping Your Journey: Goal Setting and Motivation.
3. Planning to Reach Your Destination on Time: Time Management.
4. Sights, Sounds and Sensations: Information Processing and Learning Styles.
5. Scanning the Radio: The Powerful Art of Listening.
6. Charting Your Journey: The Process of Note Taking.
7. Driver Training: Learning How to Study.
8. Obtaining Your License: Test-Taking Strategies.
9. Stopping to Ask For Directions: Campus Resources.
10. Enjoying the Journey: Understanding the Professorate.
11. Reaching Your Destination: Career Planning.