This intuitive introduction to technical arithmetic, algebra, geometry,
and trigonometry stresses applications and problem solving throughout.
provides unusually clear explanations and an informal writing
accompanies explanations with numerous example problems
solved in detail.
presents many word problems from all areas of technical
explains, illustrates, and encourages the use of trigonometric
and logarithmic tables, while emphasizing the use of calculators.
1. An Arithmetic Review.
2. The Metric System of Measurement.
II. BASIC ALGEBRA.
3. Signed Numbers.
4. Introduction to Algebra.
5. Basic Operations with Algebraic Expressions.
6. Algebraic Fractions.
7. Simple Equations and Inequalities.
8. Fractional Equations.
9. Dimensional Analysis.
10. Ratio, Proportion, Variation.
11. Relations and Functions.
12. Exponents and Radicals.
13. Systems of Linear Equations.
14. Quadratic Equations.
III. BASIC GEOMETRY.
16. Introduction to Geometry.
17. Common Plane Figures and Common Solids.
IV. BASIC TRIGONOMETRY.
18. Right Triangle Trigonometry.
19. The General Trigonometric Angle.