Basic Technical College Mathematics, 2/e
Published August, 1993 by Prentice Hall Career & Technology
Copyright 1994, 322 pp.
Sign up for future
mailings on this subject.
See other books about:
Trades/Technical Math-Tech Math/Tech Physics
This book has been fully revised and is suited for technical
schools, community colleges and proprietary schools. It is intended to
provide readers with the math skills essential to a wide variety of
industrial, technical and trade areas and can be used a mathematics
supplement in content courses in areas like Drafting, Machine
Technology, and Automotive Technology. The coverage in this edition now
includes a review of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
each mathematical skill is developed by a simple, easy-to-
follow, step-by-step process.
all of the material is fresh and original, offering new and
innovative methods in line with current trends of teaching mathematics.
presents authentic, real-world applications
improves coverage of scientific notation, powers and roots.
provides substantial number of practice problems.
PART I. ARITHMETIC.
1. Fundamental Operations of Arithmetic.
2. Common Fractions.
5. Powers and Roots.
PART II. BASIC ALGEBRA.
6. Definitions and Basic Operations of Algebra.
PART III. APPLIED GEOMETRY.
7. Simple Equations and Formulas.
8. Formula Evaluation.
9. Formula Transposition.
10. Ratio and Proportion.
11. Basic Definitions and Properties of Geometry.
12. Perimeters and Areas of Plane Geometric Figures.
13. Surface Areas and Volumes of Geometric Figures.
14. Construction of Simple Geometric Figures.
15. Fundamentals of Trigonometry.
16. Solution of Right Triangles.
17. Solution of Oblique Triangles.
18. Fundamentals and Applications of the Metric System.