This volume offers an integrated treatment of mathematical
topics which can be developed from results of elementary calculus,
and which are of common importance in many fields of application.
contains numerous annotated problems with answers.
1. Ordinary Differential Equations.
2. The Laplace Transform.
3. Numerical Methods for Solving Ordinary Differential
4. Series Solutions of Differential Equations; Special
Functions. Boundary-Value Problems and Characteristic-Function Representations.
5. Vector Analysis.
6. Topics in Higher-Dimensional Calculus.
7. Partial Differential Equations.
8. Solutions of Partial Differential Equations.
9. Solutions of Partial Differential Equations of Mathematical
10. Functions of a Complex Variable.
11. Applications of Analytic Function Theory.