An exploration of data networks,
evolving integrated networks, and the various
analysis and design tools.
begins with an overview of the
principles behind data networks.
then develops an understanding of the
modeling issues and mathematical analysis needed
to compare the effectiveness of different
1. Introduction and Layered Network Architecture.
2. Point to Point Protocols and
3. Delay Models in Data Networks.
4. Multiaccess Communication.
5. Routing in Data Networks.
6. Flow Control.
Appendix A: Review of Markov Chain
Appendix B: Summary of Results.