This comprehensive text covers all aspects of MATLAB presented within
an easy-to-follow "learn while doing" tutorial format.
Provides a complete reference to all MATLAB functions
and graphics properties in one text as opposed to the many manuals
that accompany MATLAB itself.
Presents numerous examples that illustrate the usefulness
of MATLAB in solving real-world problems. Includes Mastering MATLAB Toolbox, a collection
of over 100 MATLAB M-files that demonstrate the use of MATLAB in
performing practical tasks. It also provides tools for Fourier
series; interpolation; curve fitting; optimization; data analysis;
graphical data analysis; array manipulation; plotting data; GUI construction;
and GUI control of axes, line and surface properties.
NEWCovers all features of MATLAB Version 5.
NEWImproves coverage of Numerical Analysis.
NEWExpanded treatment of low level file I/O.
NEWClearer explanations on GUI Building.
NEWMore M-file examples.
1. Getting Started.
2. Basic Features.
3. The Command Window.
4. Script M-files.
5. File and Directory Management.
6. Arrays and Array Operations.
7. Multidimensional Arrays.
8. Relational and Logical Operations.
9. Set, Bit, and Base Operations.
10. Character Strings.
11. Time Functions.
12. Cell Arrays and Structures.
13. Control Flow.
14. Function M-Files.
15. Debugging and Profiling Tools.
16. Numerical Linear Algebra.
17. Data Analysis.
20. Cubic Splines.
21. Fourier Analysis.
23. Integration and Differentiation.
24. Ordinary Differential Equations.
25. Object Oriented Programming.
26. 2-D Graphics.
27. 3-D Graphics.
28. Using Color and Light.
29. Images, Movies, and Sound.
30. Printing and Exporting Graphics.
31. Handle Graphics.
32. Graphical User Interfaces.
33. Dialog Boxes and Requesters.
35. Internet Resources.
36. The Mastering MATLAB Toolbox.