Tutorial for Designer/2000
Lesson 2, page 2
- Now we will create a datastore. To create datastores, click on the following icon from the toolbar and drop it into the Frame Function.
- The Create Datastore window will pop up. Specify the Name and an unique identifier for the datastore and click OK. (See Figure 2.8). In this case type Stud in the Name and DS1(for Datastore 1) in the Identifier.
Figure 2.8: The Create Datastore Window
- In this manner using steps 11 & 12, create two other datastores for CRSE (for Courses) and ENROL with identifiers, DS2 and DS3 respectively.
Figure 2.9: Dataflow Diagram with the Functions and the Datastores
- Now to create a dataflow, click on the following icon from the toolbar and drag it from the SRS1 function to the DS1 datastore.
- Immediately, the Create Flow window will appear. Type in the name as stud_info_insert_update and click OK. (See Figure 2.10).
Figure 2.10: The Create Dataflow Window
- Similarly create the other flows using steps 14 and 15 as shown in Figure 2.11.
Figure 2.11: The dataflow diagram with the dataflows
- To create an external , click on the ellipse icon from the toolbar, and drop it outside the frame Function.
- Immediately, the create external window will appear. Type in the Identifier and the Name as SR1 and Student respectively, and click OK. (See Figure 2.12).
Figure 2.12: The Create External Window
- Repeat steps 17 & 18 to create one more external named as DEPTS with identifier SR2. (See Figure 2.13).
Figure 2.13: The dataflow diagram with the two externals
- Now using the steps 14 and 15 create dataflows between the externals and the processes as shown in Figure 2.14.
Figure 2.14: The Dataflow diagram with the externals and the dataflows
- Your dataflow diagram is now complete, and should look like Figure 2.15. So save it by File Save Diagram As SRSDFDLEV0.
Figure 2.15: The Completed Dataflow Diagram
On to page three
Page 1, Page 2, Page 3 / Back to the tutorial index.
About the Book
©1999 Prentice-Hall, Inc., A division of Pearson Education, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458 Legal Statement
Comments should be directed to email@example.com