III. Working With A Graph
The FORMAT menu gives you several options on the appearance of the graph screen and the types of coordinates that are displayed. To get to this menu, press . You will see the screen shown below. To select an option, move the cursor to your choice and press .
1. RectGC (Rectangular Coordinates): The coordinates are given in rectangular coordinates, x and y. This will usually be used when the calculator is in function mode.
PolarGC (Polar Coordinates): The coordinates are displayed as R and . This will primarily be used when the calculator is in polar mode.
2. CoordOn (Coordinates On): The coordinates are shown when the trace button is used.
CoordOff (Coordinates Off): The coordinates are not shown when the trace button is used.
CoordOn with Trace
CoordOff with Trace
3. DrawLine will connect the points plotted on a graph.
DrawDot will not connect the points plotted for a graph. Use this when graphing functions that have discontinuities.
DrawLine On DrawDot On
4. SeqG (sequential graphing) plots one function at a time if more than one function is entered.
SimulG (simultaneous graphing) plots all graphs at the same time if more than one function is entered.
5. GridOff omits the grid from the graph screen.
GridOn displays a grid with the graph.
6. AxesOn displays the axes with the graph.
AxesOff omits the axes when plotting the graph.
7. LabelOff is the default and the axes are not labeled.
LabelOn displays x and y on the screen.
For information on graphing with different modes, click here.