III. Working With A Graph
The graphing MATH menu has eleven options that allow you to analyze the graph of a function. (Don't confuse this MATH menu with the MATH menu used on the Home Screen.) To access the graph MATH menu press . The menu shown below is with the calculator set in Function Mode. Other modes will have an abbreviated version of the menu.
In several of these applications, you will be finding a left bound and right bound or a lower limit and upper limit. These will be indicated on the screen as shown below.
1. ROOT: Finds the point(s) where the graph crosses the x-axis.
2. dy/dx: Evaluates the numerical value of the first derivative at a given value.
3. : Evaluates the numerical value of the integral over a given interval.
4. FMIN: Finds the minimum value of the function over a given interval.
5. FMAX: Finds the maximum value of the function over a given interval.
6. INFLC: Locates an inflection point over a given interval.
7. YICPT: Finds the y-intercept (x=0).
8. ISECT: Finds the point of intersection of two graphs.
9. DIST: Finds the straight-line distance over a given interval.
10. ARC: Finds the distance along the graph of a function between two points.
11. TANLN: Draws a tangent line at a given point.