Life on Earth by Audesirk & Audesirk
This resource is provided for you courtesy of Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Behind The Lens: An Interview with Lennart Nilsson
- This site describes pioneering work in micro-photography developed by Lennart Nilsson.
- Cells Alive!
- This is a place with a large selection of cell images and descriptions. It is a great place to learn about cell diversity.
- Cell Biology Chapter Directory
- This is a place with an overview about all aspects of the cell. Many other pages are connected that show the different parts of a cell and explain how they work. This link also mentions special researchers in the area.
- Cell Structure
- This is a place to reinforce cellular information. You'll find great diagrams, tutorials, and extra pages to search for more detailed information on cells and their functions.
- Dictionary of Cell Biology
- This is the online companion to The Dictionary of Cell Biology first published by Academic Press in 1989. This site is a free resource where you will can search for terms and concepts in cell biology.
- Endosymbiotic Theory
- This site discusses the theory proposed by Lynn Margulis that eukaryote cells evolved from prokaryotic organisms maintaining a symbiotic relationship with bacteria cells. It was developed by Josh Bond, a student at DeKalb College, Georgia.
- Membrane Proteins Introduction
- This is a place that briefly introduces and summarizes membrane proteins.
- Microbial Cells
- This is a place where you'll find wonderful pictures, graphics, movies, and animations that explore the different aspects of various cells and what they do. Topics range from "Swimming E-Coli" to "The Parasites."
- Protist Image Data
- This is a place where you'll find pictures and resources about protist biology.
Designed in cooperation with
Andrew Stull and Steven Brunasso.
Last Update - July 25, 1997
© Prentice-Hall, Inc.
A Simon & Schuster Company
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458