Life on Earth by Audesirk & Audesirk
This resource is provided for you courtesy of Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Carrying Capacity as an Ethical Concept
- This is an article by Garrett Hardin, Professor of Biology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. In this article, Hardin discusses human ecology and its impact on our environment.
- Demography Demonstration
- This place provides a superior interactive demography demonstration. Refer to pages 861-867 in your textbook for help in understanding the principles effecting population dynamics. Can you modify the values for the birth and mortality rates within the simulation to stabilize the population?
- The Mathematics of Population Increase
- This is a good lesson on the math used in calculating population growth.
- Way Too Many for Us
- This is a short essay on the impending effects of unlimited human population growth on our world. This should give you plenty to consider and discuss.
- Zero Population Growth
- This is the home page for the group Zero Population Growth. It is a nonprofit organization concerned with the effects of rapid population growth and wasteful consumption.
Designed in cooperation with
Andrew Stull and Steven Brunasso.
Last Update - July 25, 1997
© Prentice-Hall, Inc.
A Simon & Schuster Company
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458