6 - Agile Modeling and Prototyping
Either individually or in small groups, review the following screens and reports.
Make a list of changes that you feel should be incorporated into the screen
or report design. Things to consider are:
- Are all the fields on the screen necessary for accomplishing the screen
- Is the screen missing fields that would make it more useful?
- Which fields should not have to be entered (they would be on the system,
read by the program and displayed on the screen)?
- Which of the fields could be turned into:
- List boxes
- Check boxes
- Radio buttons
- Drop-down list boxes
- Spin buttons (used to increment/decrement a number)
- What command buttons should be included for each screen?
- Is the screen aesthetically pleasing?
following screens and reports:
- Edit Project and Milestones screen. Each project may have many milestones.
- Edit Milestones and Tasks. Each milestone may have many tasks.
- Edit Project, used to add or change project information.
- Edit Milestones. The screen adds a single milestone.
- Edit Tasks, used to add or change a single task.
- Edit Resources, used to add or change a human resource.
- Edit Requirements, used for a single requirement.
- Edit Assignments. Each assignment links one resource to one task.
- Edit Leaders, used to add or change leader information.
- Query Projects & Milestones
- Query Requirements
- Query Milestones & Tasks
- Query Resources
- Query Tasks
- Query Leaders
- Query Assignments
- Schedule Report, showing the milestones and task completion information
for projects, as well as a Gantt chart.
- Budget Report, showing project milestone and task completion information.
- Incomplete Resource Project/Task Hours (see Ketcham).
- Client Project Status Report (see Ketcham).
- Client Project Information (see Blanford).
- Employee Task Assignments (see Rabin).
- Resource Project/Task Hours (see Sherman).
- Add Project (see Taylor).
- Add Client (see Taylor)
- Create the following prototypes, either on paper or using software that
you are familiar with. Elicit feedback from other students or members of your
- Project History Report, presenting summary information about the project.
- Project budget or time exception report. This would list all projects
over budget or behind schedule.
- Project Resource Query, where an resource person's number is entered
and the amount of time allocated for the person displays.
- Project progress query, listing the point that the project is currently
at, along with milestones already accomplished.
- Write twelve XP stories for the GEMS system.
- Write twelve XP stories for the Ecommerce system.