Presents the theoretical background as well as the practical application of the latest technology for the investigation and remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater.
Coverage of micropurging of wells prior to sampling; obtaining a ground water sample without a monitoring well; fingerprinting petroleum contamination in soil; soil and groundwater contamination from coal tar and related compounds; and contains a number of case histories showing the practical applications of the theory.
2. Mass Transport in Saturated Media.
3. Transformation, Retardation, and Attenuation of Solutes.
4. Flow and Mass Transport in the Vadose Zone.
5. Multiphase Flow.
6. Inorganic Chemicals in Ground Water.
7. Organic Compounds in Ground Water.
8. Ground Water and Soil Monitoring.
9. Site Remediation.